It’s a big holiday in Mexico right? Wrong. It’s Mexico’s Independence day right? Wrong again.
Whilst celebrating all cultures is a beautiful thing, it’s not really so beautiful when we only focus on the tacky, commercial side and never dig deeper to discover the true meaning behind global celebrations.
So, here are a few interesting and slightly weird things you may not know about Cinco de Mayo:
1. Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day
2. Cinco de Mayo is a bigger deal in the United States
3. It didn't become popular because of the cheap Corona's
4. If you think celebrating with tequila shots is weird...
5. Finally, a fun drinking fact for you! The holiday's official drink - Margarita's - is Spanish for 'Daisy'...not 'Margaret'!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Life’s too short not to celebrate it